- On a Series 60 v1 based phone (N-Gage, 3650, 7650), two key sequences will allow to restore your phone to a cleaner state:
- Normal Reset (*#7780#): Restores ini files from rom but preserves user data (photos, 3rd party apps etc)
- Deep Reset (*#7370#): This reformats completely the C: drive. All applications and files stored on this drive will be lost and clean default files will be rewritten.
- On newer Series 60 phones (6600/6620/7610), the sequence is slightly different:
- power the phone off,
- press and keep down the keeys green/talk + ’3’ + ’*’, – power on the phone.
- release the keys when the formatting starts.
In both case, the phone will ask you a confirmation and you will have to enter a security code (12345 by default).
Files and applications stored on E: drive are not be affected by these sequences.