Pokud jste při práci s distribucí RedHat narazili na zkratky RHAPS, RHDS, RHCS a RHGFS, naleznete zde jejich stručné vysvětlení.
- RHAPS – Red Hat Application Server
- RHDS – Red Hat Developer Suite
- RHCS – Red Hat Cluster Suite
- RHGFS – Red Hat Global File System
A 2 pokusy o vysvětlení těchto zkratek:
- RHAPS – RH applications not sure what makes them special
- RHCS – Cluster package
- RHDS2 – Modified Eclipse package, An Integrated Development Environment for programmers.
- RHGFS – Global File System manager for storage area networks
- RHAPS – Redhat Applications Server: for building content management systems, intranets, portals, and custom applications
- RHCS – Redhat Cluster Suite: designed specifically for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Companies requiring applications to be highly available, or wishing to improve the performance and availability of their network infrastructure, should consider using a Red Hat Cluster Suite configuration.
- RHDS – could be Redhat Differentiated Services: a protocol for specifying and controlling network traffic by class so that certain types of traffic get precedence – for example, voice traffic, which requires a relatively uninterrupted flow of data, might get precedence over other kinds of traffic.
- RHGFS – Redhat GFS is a cluster file system that provides data sharing among systems. Red Hat GFS features a single, consistent view of the file system name space across all nodes in a cluster. It is a native file system that interfaces directly with the VFS layer of the Linux kernel filesystem interface.